Not so long ago the idea that you could generate your own electricity using solar panels and use that power to re-charge your electric car was a daydream, but green technology is developing all the time and that daydream is fast becoming a reality.
Think of it:
- Free electricity from the sun
- Your electricity becomes your free fuel for your electric car
- Free electricity for your house
- Generate surplus electricity and sell it to a power company
Of course, there is an initial financial outlay for installing the solar panels (like a Flexi PV Cell Solar Panel Kit), but grants are available from various national and local government initiatives, and the time to pay back that sum can be greatly reduced if you switch to an electric car when the time comes for you to replace your current automobile, or when the price of oil is so high that you simply can't afford to drive any more. Then there is the additional spin-off of being able to bask in the warm glow of your vastly inflated eco credentials.
Not every home is suitable for the installation of a fully fledged solar technology system. Here are some points you'll need to consider:
- Do you have so unshaded roof space facing east, south or west? Although many solar panels will work using daylight alone, for generating larger quantities you'll need more direct sunlight.
- Is your property a listed building or in a conservation area? You may need to jump through some planning hoops to obtain the necessary permission
- Do you own the property or rent it? Permission needs to be given by the freeholder or the landlord.
Even if you're unable to install solar panels on the roof of your house there are other options; a sunny corner of your garden or pation for example, or on the roof of your shed or other garden structure.
So people start small with just a solar powered outdoor light while others leap in at the deep end by installing the largest system that their property can accommodate, but sooner or later you'll be bitten by the bug and thinking of how you to can harness the free energy from the sun.
Check this range of solar energy kits